Friday, July 10, 2015

Cherbourg, Mont St Michel, France 5May2015

Cherbourg, France.
We are in Normandy to see famous castle
on mirage by the sea,
Mont Saint Michel.

We were on a ship's tour to see that.












 Cherbourg.
We were supposed to go to Brugge, Belgium tomorrow
but we had to stay one more night in Cherbourg
due to strong wind at sea.

As a result, Brugge was cancelled.

C'est la vie!

But, I would rather stay in charming little French seaport 
than rocking on a rough sea.
 On our way to Mont Saint Michel
 Here we go!
We could see glimpse of the castle as our bus approaches.


Once we got off the tour bus, we were transferred
 to a shuttle bus from the parking area.
After short ride of the shuttle, 
we were at the entrance of the castle.
It was just a few minutes walk from the shuttle bus
but it was really windy!




 Views from top of the castle










 It was actually lovely with beautiful sun shine
inside the village where strong wind is being blocked by walls.

 Entrance of the island

 Ever since when I have seen the photo of the castle
when I was in my primary school,
I always have been dreaming of coming to this place.

Mont Saint Michel!

It has been so unrealistic and 
mystical fantasy to me!
As if this only exists in Disney's fairy tale.
Until now...

Here I am, not in my childish dream...
It does exist!


No comments:

Post a Comment